You also read the lyrics for these three songs:
"The Lost Boy" by Greg Holden
"Friday I'm in Love" by The Cure
"Numb" by Linkin Park
Today, we are using glossary and lexis as methods for adding words to your active vocabulary.
- Create a folder called: "Your name - English 5"
- Share the folder with me (Camilla Lindskoug)
- Create a document called "Glossary/ Lexis". You can copy+paste or duplicate this one.
- On page 173 in your English book, you can find a model showing you what to do (it's the one we looked at yesterday)
- Find ten words that you would never normally use and that you didn't know before and add them to your glossary/lexis. These are your personal working documents, and by completing your glossary/lexis you are starting the process of adding the word to your vocabulary. That means that you can't "share" and "copy" other people's words. Doing the job, is part of the learning process. If you don't find words that you think are challenging, you can use Visuwords to explore the word and maybe find synonyms or related words that are more of a challenge for you.
You may listen to music while you complete this task. Keep it low enough so that it doesn't disturb people working around you.
In English class, you are never "done". If you are waiting for me to come help you, or if you have completed a task and don't know what to do next, you should always go to the page Practise English on the blog and use the learning tools there to improve your English. My suggestion today is that you test yourself on the irregular verbs! These you must know by heart. If you know them all, find something else on the page to practise!