- träna på att muntligt uttrycka sig varierat, tydligt och strukturerat (så att de som lyssnar kan få en korrekt bild av vad nyhetsartikeln går ut på)
- träna på att förbereda ett tal
- träna på att välja texter och redogöra muntligt för ett innehåll
- träna på att läsa och tolka uppgifter
Oral task for next week
- Pick a news item (nyhetsartikel) that you find interesting. The news item should
- come from an online newspaper
- from an English-speaking country,
- be about that country.
- have taken place during the last week of this year.
- A document called "News item, week 39" has been shared with you. This document is the only thing you can bring as help during your presentation. Add 15 keywords (not sentences) at the most to the document. See my example below.
- Add the link to your article in the document the day before your speech at the latest, so that I will have time to read it.
- Prepare and practice your speech so you can present your news item in class to a small group.
- Your presentation should include:
- a background so that people can understand the context of the article
- a summary of what the news article reports
- what you learnt about the country from the news item.
- be no longer than three minutes
- Practise at home and/or with another classmate!
This is a small task, but it will still be used for grading. This is the checklist I will use for grading. We will do the same task again, later this semester with a new article so that you can improve your performance.
- This is a link where you can see which countries have English as an official language.
- The easiest way to find a newspaper is to google "country name newspaper" and Google will come up with suggestions for you.
Here, I give an example presentation:
Below, you can see an exmaple of the key words I used - please note that there are no more than 15 WORDS on the paper and that I have pasted the link to my article in the document.
These are the groups and times for your presentations:
Tuesday - Sep 22 - 9.50: Emma, Måns, Anna, Beste, Gustav, Klara, Max, Lukas
Thursday - Sep 22 - 10.25: Ismail, Patrycja, Ajla, Ali, Richard, Johannes, Ibrahim, Jonathan
Wednesday - Sep 23 - 13.10: Alexandra, Eryk, Anton, Vicente, Collin, Noel, Fawad, Millena
Wednesday - Sep 23 - 13.35: Everyone will gather for evaluation